We are thrilled to announce our first ever voyages to Southeast Asia & Arabia in 2014 and 2015 on our newest yacht, the graceful, all suite Star Pride.
Small ship cruising is an incredible way to explore this part of the world. From the ancient temples at My Son Sanctuary, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to Petra, the beautiful rose-colored city carved right into the cliff wall, there are tremendous experiences to be had.
Windstar’s voyages take you closer to the world, letting you see more, linger longer, and have the kind of adventure that defines the difference between tourism and travel. Our Southeast Asia & Arabia voyages are no exception.
Ports of call: Suez Canal, Hurghada, Sharm el Sheikh, Luxor, Egypt; Aqaba, Jordan; and Salalah and Khasab, Oman.
• Pass through the narrow gorge to Petra, its rose-colored facade carved right into the cliff face
• Transit the historic Suez Canal, with towns to the east and desert to the west
• Explore Wadi Rum, site of the famous 1916 Arab revolt led by Lawrence of Arabia
• Ride a camel into the desert
• Board a launch for a spectacular sunset cruise on the Nile
• Snorkel in the pristine waters of the Red Sea
• Learn all about frankincense, treasured for its fragrance for more than 5,000 years
• Take an exhilarating 4×4 journey into the mountains of Oman past Bedouin villages
• Visit St. Catherine’s Monastery where Moses saw the burning bush
• Spend the night in Luxor, with its famous temples and Valley of the Kings
Ports of call: Mumbai, Mangalore, Cochin, India; Phuket, Thailand; and Penang, Malaysia.
• Float the scenic backwaters of Cochin, the “Venice of the East”
• Attend the camel races in Dubai and cruise the manmade islands of The World
• Glimpse Mumbai’s inner workings at Dhobi Ghat, the century-old open-air laundry
• Enjoy High Tea with a local family in their mansion in Mangalore
• Photograph Phang Nga Bay’s ethereal beauty
• Inhale the aroma of thousands of orchids at Singapore’s National Orchid Garden, the largest in the world
• Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of George Town, Penang, with its colonial-era mansions and Chinese clan jetties
Ports of call: Penang, Langkawi, Pulau Pangkor, Kuala Lumpur, and Malacca, Malaysia; as well as Phuket, and Ko Yao Noi, Thailand.
• Paddle along the limestone outcrops and sea caves of Thailand’s Ao Phang-Nga National Marine Park
• Learn to cook Penang style at the Spice Garden, then dine on your delicious creations
• Float over jungle on the gondola ride to the top of Gunung Machincang for incredible views from the summit
• Sail, snorkel, and kayak from your yacht’s Watersports Platform
• Experience the exotic beauty of Phuket and wander its historic Old Town
• Shop for hand painted batik and blowpipes in Port Klang
• Explore the elaborate cave temples of Ipoh from Pulau Pangkor
Ports of call: Ho Chi Minh City, Nha Trang, Qui Nhon, Da Nang, Hanoi (Haiphong), and Halong Bay, Vietnam
• Visit the imposing Cham towers near Nha Trang and Qui Nhon—remnants of a culture that ruled Vietnam for 10 centuries
• Sip a Singapore Sling at Raffles Hotel in Singapore
• Explore the ancient imperial temples and pagodas of Hue
• Navigate narrow canals for a first-hand look at country life in the Mekong Delta
• Ride a bicycle down the back streets of old Hoi An and into the lovely countryside
• Trace Hanoi’s wartime history or head for Ninh Binh with its Shangri-La landscapes
• Discover Thien Cung Grotto in Halong Bay, a wondrous gallery created by Mother Nature
Ports of calls: Nha Trang, Qui Nhon, Da Nang, Hanoiv(Haiphong), and Halong Bay, Vietnam
• Visit the imperial citadel of the Nguyen dynasty in Hue, A UNESCO World Heritage Site modeled after Beijing’s Forbidden City
• Explore Ho Chi Minh City’s French foundations and tropical Baroque architecture
• Enjoy the pristine beaches of Nha Trang Bay, rated one of the most beautiful in the world
• Watch martial arts experts turn bamboo sticks into weapons at a demonstration in Qui Nhon
• Walk among the ancient Cham temples at My Son Sanctuary, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Shop for silk purses and lacquer ware in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
• Amaze to the stunning beauty of Halong Bay in a traditional sailing junk
To find the perfect Southeast Asia & Arabia voyage for you, come check out our new Facebook App.