A single voyage covers thousands of years of civilization's greatest feats – from the Acropolis of Athens to the blue domes of Santorini. Explore the tiny streets and narrow alleys of Mykonos, and escape to Delos, the fabled island of Apollo, where you'll walk in the ancient footsteps of the gods. Listen for echoes of history as you explore smaller hidden ports like Nafplio, and treat yourself to superlative grilled seafood, accompanied by an ouzo salute to the sunset. From the dramatic mountains of Kalymnos to the medieval city of Rhodes, discover the Greek Isles as they were meant to be traveled, in sailing yacht style.
• Highlights in Athens include The Parthenon, The Acropolis, Mount Lycabettus, the Temple of Hephaestus, and the National Archaeological Museum
• Palace of the Grand Masters in Rhodes
• Whitewashed buildings and blue domes of Santorini
• History surrounds you with at least 6 UNESCO World Heritage Sites on this cruise
• Chic boutiques, cafés and beautiful beaches of Mykonos
• Visit the wild and wonderful island of Kalymnos
• Get full days in the Greek Isles with later evening visits in Rhodes, Kalymnos and Mykonos
A Complimentary Windstar Private Event
Rhodes: The Tantalizing Tastes of Greece
Expect an unforgettable evening ahead, as you are wined and dined and entertained with mesmerizing ethnic music. You will sample traditional Greek fare and unique preparations of typical dishes. Mouthwatering appetizers and your main course will include a variety of local meat and grilled vegetables – accompanied by wines from a local winery.
After dinner, a local troupe of musicians and dancers will get your toes tapping. You'll listen to rembetiko (Greek folk music) and modern tunes performed on the outi, bouzouki, and other traditional instruments. And you'll enjoy all types of dance including swing, cha cha, mambo, and rock in related costumes. Remember Zorba the Greek's exuberant syrtaki dance? Don't be surprised if you become part of the performance by the end of this lively evening!
Please note: This Private Event has been scheduled in a way that will allow you to book and experience another shore excursion on the same day and you will not miss anything.
*Rates shown are per person, based on double occupancy, reflect all discounts and include non-discountable amounts. Government fees & taxes are additional.