- The Acropolis and Parthenon in Athens
- The Cave of the Apocalypse on Patmos
- Site of the Temple of Artemis in Ephesus
- The Palace of the Grand Masters in Rhodes
- Stunning mosaic of Achilles in Antalya
- Amazing archeological site of Choirokoitia on Cyprus
- Nazareth, the childhood home of Jesus
- Jerusalem -- the Western (Wailing) Wall, Dome of the Rock, Gethsemane, and Bethlehem
- The ancient Ptolemaic ruins of Alexandria
- Expert lecturer accompanies the entire voyage
Athens to Alexandria - 11 Days
Athens, Patmos, Kusadasi, Rhodes, Antalya, Larnaca, Haifa, Jerusalem (overnight), Alexandria
From the ancient gods of the Greeks and the Egyptians to the sacred places of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, this voyage follows the footsteps of religion throughout the ages. Walk the paths of history as you retrace the beginnings of western civilization on this fascinating journey through history. Explore the fortified monastery of St. John on the island of Patmos, were the legendary Revelation was penned. Wander among the Greek ruins of Ephesus and visit the home of Christianity's most revered saint, the Virgin Mary. Take in the stunning view of the Sea of Galilee from the Mount of Beatitudes outside Nazareth. And experience the hallowed grounds and haunting beauty of ancient Jerusalem. In these places, much of human thought and culture was influenced. As a special enhancement to this landmark journey, noted lecturer and expert in world religions, Ross Arnold, will be on board to provide meaningful insights in each port. Read Ross Arnold's bio and list of lecture topics.
Also available as a 14-Day voyage from Athens to Athens.
Rates shown are per person, based on double occupancy, and reflect all discounts.