Athens to Istanbul - 9 Days
Athens, Monemvasía, Chania, Santorini, Rhodes, Bodrum, Kusadasi, Cesme, Istanbul
Indulge in your own odyssey as you travel from the southernmost tip of the Aegean to the Black Sea. The monuments of Ephesus and Rhodes are calling, and Santorini’s blue-and-white charms are on your list of “must sees.” Yet at journey’s end, it may be the personal moments that are the most seductive and memorable. A full day at sea to visit the bridge, relax in the spa, and watch dolphins play in your wake. The invitation of an open Watersports Platform at anchor in Bodrum luring you away from the history and culture on shore. Sipping a cold, crisp glass of local Assyrtiko wine on Thera. That’s okay. Surrender to each and every magical moment. After all, the ruins have been and will be here for centuries. You on your own private yacht? That’s something to be savored.
Windstar Private Event — New in 2015
Kusadasi: Evening in Ephesus
No one who has seen the magnificent Celsus Library of Ephesus will ever forget it. And Windstar guests will get a once-in-a-lifetime experience of the Library – after hours during this exclusive Evening in Ephesus event.
You will walk the Marble Road to the Library that housed more than 12,000 scrolls nearly two millennia ago. Your five-course, white-glove-service dinner will be in the courtyard in front of the Library. The spectacularly illuminated façade allows you to examine the statues in their niches and the elegant details of the frames. Dinner under the stars will be accompanied by a trio from the Aegean Chamber Orchestra.
Just as you'd expect. No crowds. No rush. Delight in every detail.
Special Offer on 2014 Voyages
Book before April 25, 2014 and enjoy 2-for-1 fares and 2 FREE Hotel Nights
Hotel promotion is not combinable with One Week Sale fares.
- Enjoy a private candlelight dinner at Celsus Library, the most spectacular setting in ancient Ephesus
- Investigate the car-free lower town of Monemvasía, “the Gibraltar of Greece”
- Wander the alleys of Chania past beautiful Venetian mansions and churches
- Savor the scenery in Santorini, with its whitewashed buildings and “Santorini blue” domes
- Visit the Palace of the Grand Masters in Rhodes, where damsels and knights would feel right at home
- In Bodrum, admire the two picture-perfect bays framing the Crusader castle
- Explore the marble, myths, and magic of Athens
- Get a glimpse of the past in Cesme’s 14th century Genoese castle
- Barter for jeweled slippers in Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar