Yacht Renovation TimelineWind Star
- First voyage on April 29, 2012
- First voyage on December 1, 2012
- First voyage on December 22, 2012
Meet the New WindstarFollowing an 18-month refurbishment project, the stunning renovation of Windstar’s graceful fleet of sailing yachts brings new color palettes, new textures, new surfaces and styles to every inch of each of the three yachts. The project, which was completed in December of 2012, encompassed all three sailing yachts in a stem-to-stern renovation that enhanced public spaces, dining venues, staterooms and suites, as well as new sails. As always, the main theme is casually elegant ambiance, now with a warm contemporary style.
- The newly enhanced staterooms showcase new leather headboards, stately arm chairs, linen wall coverings, new lighting features, window coverings, plush wool carpeting, new art work, stylish bed cushions and luxurious bed throws. Additionally, the owner’s suite received new furniture.
- The Lounge Bar is the perfect place for relaxing with old and new friends. Subtle lighting bathes the lush, tawny colors in a friendly ambiance and sleek contemporary groupings allow both comfort and flexibility.
- The redesigned Pool Bar boasts stylish wicker seating and beautiful woods which transform by evening into Candles, where on-deck dining by candlelight highlights every voyage.
- Wind Surf’s popular Compass Rose on the Bridge Deck is redesigned with all new contemporary furnishings, including rich new flooring finishes and comfortable chairs and bar stools designed for socializing.
- The new AmphorA features surroundings as delightful as the menu. Inviting circular booths and plush banquette seating lend themselves to a private tête-á-tête or a convivial group of newfound friends.
- Stella Bistro on Wind Surf’s Star Deck welcomes diners in stylish new surroundings, with all the flair of a French bistro – a perfect place for dining, or for gathering before and after your meal.
- Epicurean displays, an inviting buffet, plentiful outdoor seating, and beautiful lighting highlight Veranda’s new look – the perfect spot for breakfast and lunch alfresco.
- The billowing white sails on all three yachts are also new. Over 69,000 square feet of hand-crafted sails, equivalent to 1.5 acres, were hoisted.
“I thought the ship was beautiful before, but she is even more beautiful after the recent renovations. The cabins are wonderful.” – June Ward, Windstar alumni
“The Wind Surf had just gone through a major renovation, so she was ‘ship shape’ when we got aboard. Some final commissioning was being conducted of which I was delighted as I teach a commissioning course. The pro-active approach to make sure everything is working properly is commendable.” – Dick Wind, Windstar alumni
In the News
Windstar Cruises Updates Fleetwide Refurbishment – Cruise Critic
Agents Embrace Windstar’s Spiffy New Flagship & Biz Plan – Travel Market Report
The Windstar Resurrection – Travel Pulse