Yacht Renovation TimelineWind Star
- First voyage on April 29, 2012
- First voyage on December 1, 2012
- First voyage on December 22, 2012
The Best of Small Ships are Now Even BetterImagine sailing on your own private yacht. Where would you start? Perhaps a colorscape inspired by sand and sea. Definitely add expansive teak decks and rich teak flooring throughout. Captivating artwork at every turn. Subtly elegant seating areas enhanced by soft, flattering lighting. Dining under the stars. And, of course, your own luxurious retreat fitted with custom cabinetry and upholstered finishes.
You don’t have to imagine it – your own private yacht is waiting in the completely renovated Wind Star and Wind Spirit, Windstar’s intimate 148-guest sister ships. Beautiful Wind Star debuted in spring 2012, completely renewed and redesigned. Wind Spirit joins her now with her own stem-to-stern renovation, making this graceful pair the most beautiful on the seas.
Sparkling sculpture greets guests in the all new reception area. Polished flooring and updated finishes hint at the beauty that lies beyond.
Throughout both these small ships, the intimacy of the environment is surpassed only by its style. With so many beautiful options, guests will be hard-pressed to choose a favorite space:
- Lounge Bar on the Main Deck enfolds you with the casual, comfortable grace of your favorite private club, a space where welcome is the rule of the day and pretense is passé. Contemporary styling in warm neutrals and rich woods encourage connection and relaxation.
- The redesigned Pool Bar boasts stylish wicker seating and beautiful woods which transform by evening into Candles, where on-deck dining by candlelight highlights every voyage.
- The new AmphorA features surroundings as delightful as the menu. Inviting circular booths and plush banquette seating lend themselves to a private tête-á-tête or a convivial group of newfound friends.
- Veranda, an all-time favorite for breakfast and lunch teases the taste buds with a beautiful center buffet. Sunlight fills the airy new space through wide plantation shutters for a comfortable, contemporary feeling.
At every turn, Wind Star and Wind Spirit offer new delights. Delightful corners for chatting, reading, or daydreaming. Indulgent deck chairs for relaxation and contemplation. All of the beautifully redesigned in elegant, easy, private yacht style.
Although it’s hard to choose a favorite among the dazzling public spaces, your own stateroom haven may be best of all. From the lovely new finishes to the 300-thread Egyptian cotton sheets, you’ll be surrounded in stylish comfort.
Sparkling, splendid, and brand-spanking new, Wind Star and Wind Spirit are ready to welcome you aboard.