Elegant and chic… inviting and luxurious. You’ve already seen Wind Surf’s beautifully renovated accommodations and corridors during Phase 1 of its refurbishment, and now it’s time for the Wind Star and Wind Spirit. We couldn’t be more excited about unveiling our smaller yachts’ luxurious new look and we want to hear from all of you what you think!
Our $18 million refurbishment plan is a dramatic, fleet-wide initiative which creates the most extraordinary boutique yacht experience. The attention to detail and quality will truly make you feel like you are sailing aboard your own private yacht, with exceptional service to boot! From new furniture, upholstery, art, lighting, wall coverings, carpeting, ceiling finishes, window treatments and floor coverings, the new décor – complete with warm wood finishes – elevates our yachts to a level that is truly “180 Degrees from Ordinary.”
Here are the details:
Wind Star and Wind Spirit will be undergoing complete renovations of their staterooms, owner’s suite and corridors following their respective Costa Rica and Caribbean seasons. Staterooms will be transformed with new leather headboards, stately arm chairs, linen wall coverings, new lighting features, elegant window coverings, plush wool carpeting, art work, stylish bed cushions, and luxurious bed throws. The owner’s suite on each yacht will be additionally outfitted with new furniture that is easily convertible to lounging, dining, or accommodating a third occupant.
In addition to accommodations and corridors, Wind Star’s public spaces will also be renovated including The Restaurant, Veranda, Lounge, Pool Bar, Library, and WindSpa.
- The Restaurant will receive a complete makeover to create the excitement and drama of an exclusive destination restaurant with luxurious neutral tones and curved design elements.
- The Veranda will be renewed with new lighting, fresh “market-style” buffet arrangements and reconfigured indoor/outdoor seating.
- The Lounge will be contemporized with new furniture, seating arrangements, window treatments and the addition of a piano bar, creating an ideal, welcoming space for evening entertainment.
- The Pool Bar will be redesigned to offer a more engaging and upscale social experience and to create additional alfresco seating for sunset dining at Candles Grill.
- The renovations to the Library space will create an intimate, luxurious cocoon for more contemplative pursuits.
- WindSpa will also receive an interior soft goods update, to reflect the sophistication and elegance of relaxing with spa treatments at sea.
After the completion of work, both yachts begin their Mediterranean seasons with Wind Spirit starting April 15, 2012, and Wind Star beginning April 29, 2012.
Wind Spirit’s and Wind Surf’s public spaces will be refurbished in November 2012 before the start of their December Caribbean seasons with Wind Spirit receiving the same public space refurbishments as Wind Star. Wind Surf’s renovation encompasses the Lounge, The Restaurant, Degrees, Veranda, Compass Rose, WindSpa, Yacht Club and Pool Bar.
- In the Lounge, wall-to-wall carpeting will be replaced with hard flooring accented with inset rugs, a contemporary mix of furniture, and lighter color palette.
- The Restaurant will be completed with a new seating layout, all new soft goods, and state-of-the art wine display and storage.
- Degrees Restaurant will be transformed into a Mediterranean bistro, anchored by a central wine bar for counter dining as well as an inviting area to relax before and after dinner. Wine tastings and cooking demonstrations will also be conducted here.
- The Veranda’s outdoor seating will be significantly expanded, creating an ideal mid-ship area for enjoying breakfast and lunch alfresco. The interior will include a new buffet, new lighting, and epicurean style display counters.
- The Compass Rose will be reconfigured to open up expansively to the adjoining outdoor deck, and its interior completely renovated to reflect the sophisticated elegance of a private club.
- The Pool Bar will sport new awnings for additional shade, new deck furniture, and improved outdoor dining layout for Candles Grill.
Tell us – what do you think of the new look?
If you haven’t seen Wind Surf’s recent renovations, check them out here!