We are very excited to announce that Windstar Cruises recently landed on two “World’s Best” lists, named both #3 World’s Best Small Ship Cruise Line and #3 World’s Best Medium Cruise Line in Travel + Leisure’s annual readers’ awards. Voters specifically recognized our ship staff for their high level of service standards.
“Windstar Cruises — which placed third and operates one of the world’s largest sail-assisted passenger ships, the Wind Surf — also prioritizes more exclusive experiences and ports. But one could argue that interacting with the staff can be the true highlight of the trip.” T+L Editor Jacqueline Gifford
From each and every one of us here at Windstar, thank you so much for taking the time to vote for us! We hear that you like our signature brand of yacht-style cruising!
Windstar’s five small ships garnered a top three spot among Small-Ship Ocean Cruise Lines (249 or fewer passengers) with a voter score of 92.98. Windstar’s Wind Surf also claimed third for Midsize-Ship Ocean Cruise Lines (250 to 599 passengers) scoring 93.40 — within 1.61 points of the top mark.
As a market leader in boutique, small ship cruising, we pride ourselves on consistently high levels of guest service and satisfaction, for which the crew of all ships were specifically recognized for their exemplary skills. We’re thrilled.
“Windstar isn’t so much about the buffet. Instead, it’s about cooked-to-order cuisine that resonates with the destination du jour. Chefs are charged with creating daily specials that incorporate regional flavors, and invite guests to join them as they shop the in-port markets for the day’s fresh ingredients.” – Smarter Travel
Over the course of 2016, Windstar Cruises has received other notable awards including:
- Condé Nast Traveler – 2016 21st Annual Gold List of “Our Favorite Cruise Lines”
- BRIDES Magazine – Top 10 Cruise Lines for Couples, 2016
- Celebrated Living – Named to American Airline’s in-flight magazine Celebrated Living for their 2016 Platinum List, “Best Boutique Cruises”
- Cruise Critic Online – Cruise Critic Cruisers’ Choice Awards 2016, Best Service on Star Breeze
- Cruiseable Online – Best Cruise Lines for Honeymoons Award, 2016
- Smarter Travel Online – 10 Best Cruise Lines for Foodies, Windstar Cruises James Beard Foundation Culinary Cruise
- AMVER – Recognized Windstar Cruises for Participation in Global Reporting and Assistance in Distressed Areas
You may be wondering “what the heck is AMVER?” Well, it’s Automated Mutual Assistance Vessel Rescue System, which is a reporting system led by the U.S. Coast Guard. We are proud to participate in search and rescue operations for those needing our assistance, so this award is of special significance to us as we strive to be a good neighbor while sailing the high seas.
For those who cast a vote, or even shared a positive thought or comment about Windstar, we thank you for your help in allowing us to receive the above accolades. And of course, we couldn’t do any of it without our devoted and talented crew.
“I was never a cruiser until I did a Windstar” – Jill G