Europe’s summer days are longest and most scenic along the coastlines of Scandinavia, Russia, Scotland and Iceland. Discover this unique seasonal beauty as fjords and pristine archipelagos meander past your cabin window late into the evening twilight. Pedal past tree-lined streets and pastel-painted homes in the archipelago town of Mariehamn, a Finnish island capital where nearly 90% of residents speak Swedish. Sample reindeer sausage or try fresh, tart lingonberries paired with smooth and velvety local ice cream in Helsinki’s numerous eateries and cafés. Stay overnight in St. Petersburg near the opulence and alabaster elegance of the Winter Palace, or test your endurance among Hermitage Museum’s three million exhibit items, a display tally second only to the Louvre. Master the Estonian art of fine chocolate confectionaries as you create mouthwatering truffle fillings under the tutelage of a Master Confectioner in Tallinn’s Rottermann Quarter. Admire expansive waterfalls and Norwegian natural settings as you wander among quiet, fern-topped cabins in the misty village of Hellesylt. Examine Iron Age artifacts near the craggy, windswept expanses surrounding the village of Lerwick, in the Shetland Islands, or sit with a frothy pint of ale among locals in a wood-paneled pub. Your extensive exploration of Northern Europe concludes in Reykjavik, with its steaming fissures and brooding volcanoes. Browse Edward Munch sketches and local artists’ works at the National Gallery of Iceland or discover a quiet café and drink in the warmth of fresh coffee and sincere Icelandic hospitality.
• Overnight in St. Petersburg with time to explore sites like the Winter Palace, the Hermitage Museum and Catherine’s Palace
• Cruise from the stunning Stockholm Archipelago to the colorful Mariehamn Archipelago – a small ship exclusive
• Photograph the Hellesylt Waterfall which divides the UNESCO town
• Relax and overnight in Bergen to window shop along colorful UNESCO site, Bryggen, Bergen’s old Hanseatic wharf
• Sample Tallinn’s mouthwatering chocolate delights
• Cruise Geirangerfjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, up close in a small ship
• Pack light with complimentary daily laundry service
*Rates shown are per person, based on double occupancy, reflect all discounts and include non-discountable amounts. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses are additional.