Tokyo (Yokohama) to Seward (Anchorage)
Explore Japanese ports that larger ships pass by, witnessing scenes that other cruise ship passengers never see. Jodogahama Beach, with its sharp white pine-covered pinnacles and mesmerizing jade-green waters. Hakodate’s star-shaped fort, where over a thousand cherry trees bloom in early May, just when you’ll be here. Indigenous Ainu people playing haunting music on a mukkuri at Kushiro’s Ainu Village. The sight of nothing but ocean and stars as you trace your wake across the Pacific.
• Experience the northern island of Japan – Hokkaido and do as the locals do – find some excellent seafood and sip on Sapporo, the local beer
• Learn first-hand how the tsunami of 2011 changed the landscape in Miyako and their rebuilding efforts
• Go birding in Kushiro at the Kushiro Wetlands Observatory to see the endangered Japanese cranes
• Visit the Goryokaku Tower Observatory for a panoramic view of the star-shaped fort
• Spend idyllic days as you cruise the North Pacific and the Bering Sea
*Rates shown are per person, based on double occupancy, reflect all discounts and include non-discountable amounts. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses are additional.