From the tranquil Zen beauty of Kinkakuji Temple to the vibrant blinking plasma screens and incessant press of pedestrians throughout Tokyo’s Shibuya Station, this 12-day cruise tour throughout Japan combines pristine natural beauty with contemporary and cosmopolitan contrasts. Nibble on freshly caught fish paired with salty soy sauce and fiery wasabi in Shimizu’s world-famous Fish Market. Meander among East Asian relics and prehistoric stone tools in Busan’s museums, ornate temples and royal tombs in Gyeongju, one of South Korea’s most famous UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Sip steamy green tea in the peaceful shade of chestnut trees near the scenic Ritsurin Garden in Takamatsu City, or participate in the ancient rituals of a formal tea ceremony. Examine Kyoto’s majestic temples and storied Nijo Castle in detail as part of a 2-night inland stay, or explore the Zen temple of Tenryuji in scenic and peaceful Arashiyama, one of the most popular destinations in the city. It’s a perfect journey for those who love Japan, and adventurous travelers who want to go further inland to explore the distinctive culture and history of Kyoto.
• From Shimizu view the artistic inspiration that is Mount Fuji, Japan's highest mountain
• With extra time to discover Kyoto’s sites, see Kinkakuji Castle, known as the Golden Pavilion and Nijo Castle, a UNESCO site with ornate wood carvings
• Discover the scenic beauty of Japan’s Inland Sea, where few ships go
• Visit the UNESCO site of Shingu, Kamikura-jinja Shrine, a part of the Sacred Sites of Pilgrimage Routes in the Kii Mountain Range
• Highlights to find in Busan include Gyeongju, a UNESCO site and 1,500-year-old Tongdosa Temple
• Tour around Osaka’s landmark castle
• 2 hotel nights at Intercontinental Osaka or Kyoto Hotel Okura
• All transfer to and from the various included sites
• Admission fees to Kasuga Shrine, Todaiji Temple, Golden Pavilion, Nijo Castle, Kimono & Tea Tasting Experience
• 10-day cruise aboard your Windstar small ship
*Rates shown are per person, based on double occupancy, reflect all discounts and include non-discountable amounts. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses are additional.