Lisbon to Dun Laoghaire (Dublin)
On some voyages there are as many memorable moments from small things as large, and this is one of those. Take yellow tram #28 to Lisbon’s Alfama and Baixa past old tiled buildings and palatial houses. Discover Pastéis de Nata (custard tarts) in Porto … and wish you hadn’t. Snack on cider and cheese in Gijon’s peaceful Jardines de Begona. Watch as Frank Gehry’s Guggenheim seems to move as it captures reflections of the river. Realize as you’re looking at the Book of Kells
in Dublin’s Trinity College Library that Oscar Wilde and Samuel Becket may have stood right here
. For every major attraction (and there are many), a dozen other intriguing stories beg to be heard.
• From El Ferrol, make a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela, a UNESCO World Heritage Centre
• Don’t miss the onboard fado music performance in Porto
• Tour the extraordinary Abbey Gardens on the Isles of Scilly, home to exotic species from 80 countries
• See the world’s largest collection of Waterford crystal, renowned for its musical ring and dazzling light refractions
• Your extended stay in Bilbao affords time for the not only visiting the Guggenheim Museum, but for dining at one of their delicious restaurants
• Sail along the breathtaking Brittany coastline, indented with numerous cliffs. rias, and capes
• Find the outdoor sculptures of Gijon like Eulogy of the Horizon and sample the refreshing cider
*Rates shown are per person, based on double occupancy, reflect all discounts and include non-discountable amounts. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses are additional.