Cartagena, The National Aviary Tour
5 HoursModerate-StrenuousSightseeing | Wildlife | Essentials Collection
On an air conditioned bus, during this 40-minute ride to the wonderful island of Baru, the newest tourist development area in Colombia, you may sit back and enjoy the scenery of other areas of Cartagena, take a look to the growing industrial area and finally arrive to the National Aviary, one of the best aviaries in the world given its high number of species. Colombia is the country in the world holding the highest bird diversity, with more than 1,900 species and The National Aviary displays an important sample of this variety. Once you arrive to the National Aviary, you may initiate your tour and explore the different bird observation stations arranged by habitat and species on your own such as:
• Tropical Forest, where you may find different kinds of Macaws, Harpy Eagles, Tangaras and other varieties of species as well as different kinds of palm trees, waterfalls and the Macaque Monkeys.
• Coastlines and Mangroves, the habitat of different kind of Ducks, Cormorants and Pelicans.
• Coastline, where you will be able to observe different kinds of Herons, Doves, Storks and the migrating Teals.
• Dessert Station an environment where different species such as the Cardinals, Mockingbirds and Partridges live
• Andean Region, in this station you may admire the Owls, Eagles and the famous Andean Condor, king of our mountains.
After this marvelous trip surrounded by birds, beautiful landscapes, palm trees and waterfalls you will have time for enjoying some beverages or drinking some delicious Colombian Coffee to later on get on your bus back to Cartagena and be ready to enjoy a wonderful short photo stop at the San Felipe Fort then a sightseeing of The Old City of Cartagena before returning to the ship.
Please note: This tour is not wheelchair accessible. Please wear comfortable walking shoes, light clothing, sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat and bring your camera.