Puerto Caldera to San Juan
Combine Central America’s majestic natural scenery with Caribbean small-port charms during this 2-week cruise through Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. Learn the ecological importance of cloudforests from an engaging naturalist as you search leafy rainforest canopies for sleepy sloths, rare birds and skittering primates. Dive, swim and hike among the refreshing tropical splendors of Windstar’s Signature Beach Party on Panama’s Isla Parida archipelago. Discover the engineering challenges and triumphs during a narrated daylight transit of the Panama Canal. Sink your teeth in doughy, cheese-stuffed Arepas paired with rich, fresh-roasted artisan coffees at a Colombian café. Wander the length of El Morro’s fortress walls in San Juan, Puerto Rico, a former sanctuary for New World seafarers and daring smugglers aligned with the Spanish Empire.
• Daylight transit of the Panama Canal checks one more item off your bucket list
• Explore the beaches and wildlife of Manuel Antonio National Park looking for howler and white-faced monkeys, 2- or 3-toed sloths, iguanas, and numerous bird species
• View the plentiful marine life surrounding Isla Parida
• Visit the Kuna Indians in the San Blas Islands – a small ship exclusive
• Take advantage of extra time with late night departures in Cartagena and Santo Domingo
• Stroll two of the oldest cities and UNESCO sites of San Juan and Santo Domingo
• Pack light with complimentary daily laundry service
*Rates shown are per person, based on double occupancy, reflect all discounts and include non-discountable amounts. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses are additional.