The sugary, cinnamon sweetness of a doughy beavertail pastry overwhelms your taste buds as you stroll along the cobblestones throughout Old Montreal’s Parisian-themed shops, cafes and brasseries. Relax on a scenic horse-drawn carriage ride or savor buttery-rich lobster among Bar Harbor’s brightly painted boutiques and galleries. Amble along New York’s Central Park serpentine paths, or take in the skyline from a departing Staten Island Ferry bound for the Statue of Liberty. Sample regional wines from Long Island, Finger Lakes, and Hudson River Valley in a Manhattan wine shop. Brush the gray armor plating of USS Wisconsin’s imposing 16-inch guns on Virginia’s Elizabeth River, or admire more than 450 fragrant rose flowers at the Norfolk Botanical Garden. Then relax and break out your shorts and light cotton shirts for the sea days leading up to the warm beaches and mangrove mysteries in Bimini and Samaná. Your journey culminates in San Juan’s Old City, within walking distance of El Morro’s scarred fortress walls. Wander the storied streets where traders plied their wares or made idle chatter about the tobacco trade and worrisome pirates. Order a potent rum drink at a raucous neighborhood pub or request a fruit cocktail from a quiet, sundrenched table overlooking the harbor. It’s a perfect way to cap the unforgettable experiences on this extensive Atlantic Seaboard odyssey.
• Discover the East Coast of the United States and Canada with a variety of cultural, historical riches and the natural beauty of the fall foliage
• Take advantage of extra time to sightsee with overnights in energetic Quebec City and Baltimore
• Experience historic Charlottetown by a horse-drawn carriage and see the inspiration for Anne of Green Gables
• Transit Cape Cod Canal, part of the Atlantic Intercoastal Waterway
• Bring out your camera to Samana’s protected natural area, Los Haitises National Park, home to two endemic mammal species
• Relax on the beach in Bimini, known as Ernest Hemingway’s favorite escape
• See San Juan’s UNESCO site of El Morrow Fortress
• Pack light with complimentary daily laundry service
*Rates shown are per person, based on double occupancy, reflect all discounts and include non-discountable amounts. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses are additional.