Whet your appetite for adventure over a plate of hot tapas and glasses of Garnacha red wine in the recesses of Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter. Venture into the rolling hills beyond the beaches of glamourous St. Tropez and wander the medieval village of Grimaud, the rustic feudal holdings of the famed Grimaldi family centuries before they seized nearby Monaco. Indulge in a long lunch at an uncrowded sidewalk café in Antibes or Nice, sampling French dishes of Charolaise beef tartare, duck confit and garden-fresh salad greens paired with blended table wines from the Côte du Rhone or bright rosés from Provence. Walk the red stones trod upon by ancient orators in the Roman Theatre of Cartagena. Ride horseback through pine forests and forgotten farmhouse ruins in the Mijas Mountains near Málaga. Soar in a gondola high above the beaches and terracotta tiled roofs to Gibraltar windswept summit. As the cruise ends among Lisbon’s fountains and yellow cable cars, seek out a neighborhood wine shop and raise a chilled glass of white Algarve wine or an aged local port to new friends and cherished memories.
• Appreciate the beauty of Barcelona’s UNESCO site La Sagrada Familia and festive Las Ramblas
• Explore Picasso’s hometown of Malaga and tour is art museum
• Appreciate the panoramic view from the medieval village of Bormes Les Mimosas near Le Lavandou
• Stroll through the open-air flower and vegetable markets of Antibes
• Overnight in Nice with more time to see sites like Colline du Chateau overlooking the Bay of Angels,
• From Almeria travel through the Andalusian countryside to Granada and the magnificent UNESCO site of the Alhambra Palace
• Pack light with complimentary daily laundry service
*Rates shown are per person, based on double occupancy, reflect all discounts and include non-discountable amounts. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses are additional.