Explore the Mediterranean In A Whole New Light
See another side of the Mediterranean, away from the crowds of summer, for a more intimate exploration of the region filled with the magic of Christmas markets and the upcoming winter months beckons. Windstar Cruises new winter itineraries from December 2023 to March 2024, offer you the opportunity to discover iconic ports like Barcelona, Spain; Nice, France; Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy; and Rome in an entirely different light onboard the all-suite Star Legend, serving just 312 guests with accommodations starting at 277 square feet.
The Mediterranean in winter offers an exclusive perspective on these timeless destinations. Smaller crowds mean more personal interactions, while the weather cools down. Our overnight stays of these newly curated itineraries allow you to enjoy the cultural treasures, gourmet delights, and captivating history of Spain, France, and Italy with an intimate ambiance that's simply unparalleled.
Winter in Rome allows you to see the Vatican, St. Peter’s Basilica, and iconic Roman landmarks like Piazza Venezia, Piazza Navona, Spanish Steps, and Trevi Fountain, all steeped in history and culture without the buzz of crowds. From Florence, head out to the Tuscan countryside to meet vintners at legendary vineyards; visit the Statue of David, the Academia, Ponte Vecchio, and the Opera House, immersing yourself in the artistic heritage of Italy. Spend the evening in Monaco rolling the dice with lady luck at the glitzy Grand Casino, stroll through the village of Menton with its huge belle-epoque palaces overlooking the sea, or go back in time with a chocolate and candied fruit workshop that been operating since 1820 in Old Town Nice. Gaudi’s Barcelona, the awe-inspiring Sagrada Familia, and the Gothic quarter allow you to dive into the world of art and architecture. Dine on tapas, take in a flamenco show, and sooth your senses with a rejuvenating dip in the thermal baths for a soul warming overnight in Spain.
Special Departures of Note:
- During December, explore the charming Christmas markets throughout Europe offering delightful gifts and festive atmosphere to get you in the holiday spirit.
- December 24, 2023: Spend Christmas in Rome with the departure.
- December 31, 2023: Watch the spectacular fireworks in Barcelona for New Years and experience the tradition of the Three Kings Day and the folklore of La Befana.
- December 10 – 31, 2023: experience the Green Line Festival/Light Festival for a unique visual spectacle.
- January 28, 2024: witness the glamour of classic cars in the heart of Monaco at the Monaco Grand Prix Classic Car Exhibition.
With Windstar Cruises, we are redefining the concept of winter travel in Europe, making it a season of discovery and enchantment that is 180 degrees from ordinary. Join us on these exceptional journeys and experience the Mediterranean's Winter Wonders. It's time to embark on a voyage like no other, where the magic of the Mediterranean comes alive in its more intimate splendor.
Now is the best time to book your cruise with this special Pick Your Perk offer:
* Premium Suites include Owner’s Suite, Classic Suite, and Deluxe Suite. Pre/Post stay will be onboard Star Legend and is not applicable for voyages that include Christmas or New Years. Terms and Conditions
Plus, Yacht Club Members receive double their Yacht Club Member discount for 10% off the Cruise Only fare for these sailings.