Discover and explore the hidden treasures often overlooked along the far-flung edge of Western Europe during this 8-day Atlantic cruise that touches on Portugal, Northern Spain, France, Belgium, the UK’s Channel Islands and the Netherlands. Take a relaxing riverboat cruise along Porto’s storied Douro River waterfront and learn the significance of Port wines during a detailed wine tasting. Explore Spain’s greenest landscapes surrounding El Ferrol, then, meet the skilled artisans of centuries-old Sargardelos, one of the most famous ceramics factories in the world. Hike to breathtaking vistas atop the 229-foot-high headlands of Cap Frehel near St.-Malo. Wander the elegant halls of Elizabeth Castle in the small port of St. Helier in the Channel Islands, or sample the famous fresh lobster and savory and creamy dishes based on cheeses from the famed Jersey cows. Learn the mysteries, controversies and disputes that continue nearly a thousand years after the final strands of the Bayeux Tapestry were woven into place. Admire classical Flemish art at Bruges’ Groeningemuseum and sample tangy Belgium ales at countless small pubs and family breweries. This coastal adventure concludes in Amsterdam, where you can admire works housed in the Van Gogh Museum, tour Anne Frank’s House or rent bikes to ride among countless art galleries, antique shops and charming cafes in some of the most famous and vibrant neighborhoods in the Netherlands.
• Taste the famous oysters of Cancale in St.-Malo
• Visit beautiful Mont St. Michel, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and technical and artistic tour de force
• From El Ferrol, make a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela, a UNESCO World Heritage Centre
• Tap your feet to an onboard fado music performance in Porto
• Take a photo of the Jersey cows on their home soil
• Admire classical Flemish art at Bruges’ Groeningemuseum
• Inspect the intricate work of the Bayeux Tapestry in Cherbourg
*Rates shown are per person, based on double occupancy, reflect all discounts and include non-discountable amounts. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses are additional.