Accomplishments of a lifetime deserve vacations of a lifetime, and this 51-day day cruise spanning the length of the Mediterranean is a perfect reward for milestones big and small. Depart from Lisbon and sail down the Atlantic side of the Iberian Peninsula where you’ll learn terroir secrets and the long history of sherry aging and sample dry, bready “fino” and dark, nutty “oloroso” sherries in the countryside outside Cadiz, Spain. Admire colorful mosaics and detailed stone latticework as you learn about kings and caliphs tied to the Moorish palace of the Alhambra above the port city of Almeria. Wander a medieval castle in Catania and learn how geology and nearby Mount Etna carried this coastal fortification nearly a mile inland. Listen to a private concert and attend an exclusive dinner among the towering pillars of the Celsus Library in the ruins of Ephesus, Turkey in our complimentary Destination Discovery Event. Wander the ancient baths, markets and forum at the excavated archaeological site of Pompeii. Stroll between century-old olive trees and vineyards surrounding an old French farmhouse outside Sanary-sur-Mer, then sample wines and olive oils in the intimate company of winery staff. Your epic odyssey ultimately concludes in the Catalonian capital of Barcelona, where you can board a cable car bound for Montjuïc Castle, or wind your way along Las Ramblas, an iconic, pedestrian mall lined with tapas bars, small shops and kiosk vendors. It’s an ideal way to find your own space to sip Catalonian Grenache red wine and reflect on your journey while tourists, shoppers and families flow by your table.
• Discover the cultural landscape of UNESCO site Serra de Tramuntana, near Palma de Mallorca
• Overnight on Mykonos with more time to shop the chic boutiques and cafés, see the working windmills and relax on the beach
• Walk along the medieval walls encompassing the Old Town in Dubrovnik, a UNESCO site
• From Santorini, take a tour of the Bronze Age excavations at Akrotiri, a UNESCO site
• Visit with the monkeys of Gibraltar and savor the view
• Find the magic of Venice's St. Mark's Square and the beauty of the Cathedral
• Pose in front of the Belém Tower in Lisbon, symbol of the Age of Discovery and a UNESCO World Heritage Monument
• Don’t miss the Gothic Quarter, and Antonio Gaudí’s UNESCO site La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona
• Pack light with complimentary daily laundry service
A Complimentary Windstar Destination Discovery Event
Kusadasi: Evening in Ephesus
No one who has seen the magnificent Celsus Library of Ephesus will ever forget it. And Windstar guests will get a once-in-a-lifetime experience of the Library – after hours during this exclusive Evening in Ephesus event.
You will walk the Marble Road to the Library that housed more than 12,000 scrolls nearly two millennia ago. Your 5-course, white-glove-service dinner will be in the courtyard in front of the Library. The spectacularly illuminated façade allows you to examine the statues in their niches and the elegant details of the frames. Dinner under the stars will be accompanied by a trio from the Aegean Chamber Orchestra.
Just as you'd expect. No crowds. No rush. Delight in every detail.
Please note: This Destination Discovery Event has been scheduled in a way that will allow you to book and experience another shore excursion on the same day and you will not miss anything.
*Rates shown are per person, based on double occupancy, reflect all discounts and include non-discountable amounts. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses are additional.