A Complimentary Windstar Destination Discovery Event
Bora Bora is surrounded by a number of tiny islets called “motu” – small, pristine, secluded paradises that offer privacy, beauty and relaxing ambiance. You will spend the evening on one of these perfect Polynesian oases accompanied only by other Windstar guests. As has long been the tradition in Tahiti, you will be welcomed to the motu with a fragrant flower lei.
Your private feast on the beach promises to be extraordinary. The menu has been carefully selected by Windstar’s executive chef and is sure to please and tantalize your palate.
When your meal is complete and the stars begin to shine, the highlight of this enchanted evening will begin. Fire dancing has long been deeply embedded in the Polynesian culture as a way to send messages to the gods. Your fire dancing experts will be wearing traditional loincloths and will dazzle you with high-speed acrobatic moves, throwing flames so hot you’ll feel the warmth 10 feet away.
Please note: This Destination Discovery Event has been scheduled in a way that will allow you to book and experience another shore excursion on the same day and you will not miss anything.
• Round trip air to Papeete from Los Angeles
• 1 night pre-cruise accommodation at the Intercontinental Tahiti Resort in Papeete, with check-in at 3 p.m. Resort amenities including pool, beach, shower, and spa are available upon arrival.
• 1 day room post-cruise at the Intercontinental Tahiti Resort in Papeete available to you starting at 3 p.m. until your transfer to the airport. Relax on the beach, workout at the fitness center, or catch a cultural demo prior to your check-in.
• Full use of the hotel grounds including the pool, beach, loungers, spa, restaurants and shower/changing rooms
• Transfers from the airport to the hotel and ship
• Breakfast and Wi-Fi pre-cruise
“Our guide then announced the most exciting game of ‘hide and seek’ we’d ever played: she’d hidden four oysters, all of which might contain a black pearl, around the reef house. We dove, splashed, and delighted in finding our oysters, eager to see what was inside.” Jessica Chiang
Spend a week in paradise with the one you love as your Windstar elegant yacht visits the ethereal landscapes of Tahiti. On your French Polynesia cruise, you’ll sail in startlingly beautiful turquoise seas past lush greenery and mysterious dark peaks, experiencing some of the most impressive fiery sunsets you’ve ever seen. It’s the most romantic place in the world to cruise. A modern sailing ship – especially one where you can swim, snorkel or kayak right from the ship’s Watersports Platform – is the perfect way to take in these unforgettable sights. Your cruise visits six spectacular islands – which would otherwise be difficult to combine on one vacation. And there’s plenty of opportunity for alone time. From the moment you are greeted with a colorful flower lei, Tahiti will take your breath away.
Nature is part of your small ship Tahiti cruise experience, whether you choose to swim in clear-blue lagoons, hike forested mountains in Moorea, kayak past jungle riverbanks, explore on Waverunners
or snorkel or dive to hang out with small black-tip sharks, stingrays, and other marine creatures. You might go hiking at Mount Otemanu or stroll through a botanical garden brimming with native flora. Rent a car and explore the island and its emerald-green volcanic landscape on your own and be sure to stop at a Polynesian food truck to try some snacks. Visit Raiatea, where you’ll be greeted with the scent of coconut, pineapple and vanilla. Here, history lovers can visit Taputapuatea, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
and millennium-old example of Maori civilization.
Your itinerary brings you to romantic Bora Bora, with its legendary white-sand beaches, as well as such low-key places as Huahine where you may view archaeological sites and mingle with locals in quaint villages. A visit to a private motu (tiny islet) assures a perfect day at the beach in paradise. Overnight visits to Bora Bora and Raiatea allow time to immerse yourself in the local culture. Learn to tie a pareo (dyed cloth worn as clothing) and sample Polynesian cuisine. Windstar’s Destination Discovery Signature Beach Party features an extravagant barbecue and a rare and dazzling performance of Polynesian fire dancing. Your Windstar Tahiti cruise will create memories of a lifetime.
• You’ll receive your own personal set of snorkeling equipment and fins for the duration of the voyage, custom-fit by our Watersports team. So you can snorkel from the beach without having to wait in line to rent equipment.
• One thing you’ll want to do as soon as you get on board – make a reservation to dine in Candles
. This signature outdoor restaurant is the perfect place to watch a tropical sunset and enjoy a romantic tête-a-tête.
• In the islands you’re almost guaranteed to come across noni (NO-nee) juice, made from the fruit of the Morinda citrifolia
tree. Polynesians have used noni in traditional folk medicine for over 2,000 years and it’s packed with antioxidants.
• While colorful reef fish are plentiful, French Polynesia is renowned for its big marine animals. And if you’re into sharks, this is simply one of the best dive destinations in the world.