Tianjin (Beijing) to Tokyo
Gaze into the terracotta eyes of stoic Chinese warriors sculpted more than 2,000 years ago. Step up to the imposing, ornate red gates leading to the Forbidden City in Beijing’s Tiananmen Square. This exceptional 2-week cruise tour connects the largest landmarks and pristine beaches of China, South Korea and Japan with a bucket list land excursion from Beijing to the Terracotta Warriors in Xian and The Great Wall, the longest man-made structure in the world. Explore the alabaster-like coastal grandeur of Karatsu Castle in Japan, the mysterious, 1,300-year-old Beomeosa Temple near Busan in South Korea, and the stark, skeletal remains of the Atomic Bomb Dome at Hiroshima in Japan. Take in a scenic and sweeping 360-degree view of Kyoto from the Umeda Sky Building. Dine on freshly caught seafood in Shimizu’s vibrant and noisy fish market. Taste the unique, slightly tannic flavor of macha tea green gelato in Tokyo, or sit down for a full meal of fried vegetables and seafood dunked in crunchy tempura batter. If you’re yearning for detailed cultural immersion in this unique and historic region, this cruise is rich in precious memories you will savor for a lifetime.
• Admire the beautiful pottery of Karatsu
• Overnight in Busan allowing more time to see the Gyeongiu, a UNESCO site there
• Get out on deck for the eye-catching and scenic cruising of Japan’s Inland Sea where few cruise ships go
• Indulge in the cuisine of Hiroshima, with not-to-be-missed Okonomiyaki savory pancakes
• Shimizu is your gateway to view world-renowned Mount Fuji, Japan's highest mountain
• Find yourself at one of the most famous archaeological discoveries when you visit the Terracotta Warriors
• Walk along the Great Wall of China, the largest man-made stronghold in the world and tour Beijing’s Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven and Tiananmen Square
• 2 hotel nights at China World, Beijing, 1 hotel night at Gran Melia, Xian
• Round trip flight Beijing to / from Xian
• All transfers to and from the various included sites
• Admission fees to Temple of Heaven, Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Great Wall, Terracotta Warriors, Xian City Walls
• 11-day cruise aboard Star Legend from Beijing to Tokyo or reverse
Please note: Bring your hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, insect repellent and comfortable walking shoes. When visiting the temples shoulders and legs must be covered and no shorts will be allowed. This tour is not wheelchair accessible and is not suitable for people with mobility issues. For the pre-cruise tour, we encourage you to book a flight that arrives prior to 10 a.m. the day the Land Tour starts. If you are not able to do this please fly in a day prior and book an additional night at our WSC Beijing property.
*Rates shown are per person, based on double occupancy, reflect all discounts and include non-discountable amounts. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses are additional.