Make the most of every European moment during a delightful journey that touches on 11 countries throughout the north and west. Walk among the restless, unrelenting push of prevailing westerly sea breezes that ruffle the Galician vineyard vines today but protected El Ferrol and the Castle of San Felipe from centuries of seafaring invaders and blockades. Explore the shadowy recesses of German bunkers, detailed World War II exhibits and heart-rending memorials in St.-Malo, France. Indulge in deliciously decadent cheeses from world-renowned Jersey cow dairies outside St. Helier on the Channel Islands. Admire classic masterpieces in Bruge’s famed Museum St. Janshospital, then sample rich Belgian chocolates and tart Trappist ales. Ride sturdy bikes along Amsterdam’s cobblestone paths, past quiet canals and open markets, before snacking on salty fish paired with sharp pickles and aromatic onions at local herring carts. Make a leisurely transit of the Kiel Canal, tracing pastoral Eider Plain farmland, and enjoy perspectives inaccessible to large conventional cruise ships. Sip coffee paired with mouth-watering chocolate desserts in Copenhagen’s scenic Tivoli Gardens, among stalls and pavilions that have been around since 1843. Linger amid Russia’s largest French art collection and the Faberge Coronation Easter Egg during an overnight in St. Petersburg. This exploration of the Atlantic and Baltic coastlines concludes among the modern splendors of Stockholm, where you can marvel at the restoration of a 17th Century warship and other maritime exhibits in the Vasa Museum, learn about human advancements at the Nobel Museum, or sample the delicate flavors of Gravlax, thinly-sliced dill-cured salmon at one of the innumerable charming waterfront cafés.
• Transit the Kiel Canal, the busiest artificial canal in the world
• Visit beautiful Mont St. Michel, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and technical and artistic tour de force
• From El Ferrol, make a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela, a UNESCO World Heritage Centre
• Find the UNESCO-designated wetlands near tiny Harlingen
• See a ballet and have extra time to explore the Faberge Museum or Catherine’s Palace when you overnight in St. Petersburg
• Take a photo of the Jersey cows on their home soil of the Channel Islands
• Appreciate this extensive cruise that features stops in Portugal, Spain, the Channel Islands, Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark, Estonia, Russian, Finland and Sweden
• Pack light with complimentary daily laundry service
*Rates shown are per person, based on double occupancy, reflect all discounts and include non-discountable amounts. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses are additional.